The Killer Bee cocktail is by far the most popular beverage on the island of Nevis, West Indies. Sunshine’s is so secretive about the drink that I’ve read he mixes the cocktail under the bar to hide the mix from curious eyes. So while this is not exact, it is the closest thing you will find…after a few you won’t notice anyway, right? You'll be buzzing!
Killer Bee Recipe Ingredients: (almost)Mix ahead of time:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup light rum (or 151?)
- 1/2 cup passion fruit juice
1. In microwave-safe bowl, microwave honey and 1 tablespoon water 30 seconds or until honey is dissolved.
2. Stir in rum, juices and pepper; divide evenly between glasses with ice.
3. Top with 1/4 cup club soda
Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg, starfruit and a squeeze of lime. Raise glass and toast!
Makes 2 servings.