In saucepan or microwave, heat cider and whole cloves. Serve warm garnished with a cinnamon stick. For a real warmth add a
splash of brandy. Mmmm
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Rainy days call for comfort food and I call for it to be quick and easy. Rather than preparing one large meatloaf which takes 1 hour 15 minutes to cook, I created mini meat loaves that cook in 20 minutes. These are soft, mushy loaves just the way we like them.
1 lb ground beef
1 cup quick oats
1 tbs. horseradish
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup milk
1 package onion soup mix
1 tbs. horseradish
3/4 cup ketchup
1 tbs. brown sugar
2 tsp. spicy mustard
Combine all ingredients well and mix glaze in a separate bowl. Form meat mix into 4 loaves and place in glass baking dish. Cover each entirely with all of the glaze. Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Monday, September 26, 2011
It's also better breakfast month. Try this single pancake that serves several.
Baked Apple Pancake
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 10" x 15" rimmed baking sheet with Pam.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the apples; beat well with a whisk. Stir the apples into the batter and pour onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the pancake is lightly browned on top. Cut into 9 pieces. Serve with butter and syrup.
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Chocolate Peanut Clusters
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- 1 cup unsalted, roasted peanuts
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Stir in peanuts.
- Drop by teaspoons into 1-inch diameter candy or petit four papers. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator. About 2 dozen candies. Recipe from www.hersheys.com
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Thursday, September 1, 2011
September is National Chicken, Piano, Honey, and most importantly, Courtesy Month. You can also celebrate Uncle Sam's Birthday, Rosh Hashanah, the invention of the ice cream cone and the Band-Aid and the first day of Autumn. And doesn't National Play-doh Day or National Bluebird of Happiness Day cry out for a party? What fun!