Friday, May 13, 2011

National Chocolate Chip Day

How fitting that this cookie is honored.  I rate it amongst the great pleasures of my life.  It has added value when made for me by my dear friend, Deirdre.  She has known me a long time and knows me well.  Uncannily, she leaves a "care" package at my door when it is most needed.  I am thrilled by the care she takes of me.  I can't presume to ask her for her recipe since I'm sure it includes her own special magic. Here is a simple recipe for
TOLL HOUSE BARS


Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1710,158174-254198,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
1 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. sifted flour
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 c. nuts, chopped
Cream butter and sugar; add vanilla. Mix in flour. Add chocolate chips and nuts. Spread in 10x15 baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cut in squares while warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment