How to make scrambled eggs:
- Break eggs into a bowl; allow 2 eggs per person.
- Whisk eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
- For lighter eggs, add about a tablespoon of milk or water for each egg.
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, melt 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter.
- When the butter stops foaming, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the eggs to the hot pan.
- After a minute or two, when the bottom and edges have begun to cook and solidify, scrape and lift the edges with a spatula and allow the uncooked part to run under the part lifted. Fold cooked parts towards the center.
- Repeat the scraping, lifting, and folding until the egg has formed curds. More stirring will make small curds and less will make larger, fluffier curds.
- When the curds are firm but still moist, remove to plates or serving dish. They will continue cooking after they leave the pan.