Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Black and White luncheon

A party begins with an inspiration; it could be an event, occasion, or an idea born of an image. item, book. etc. The inspiration for my luncheon began with a 25 year old dress. When purchased, I loved this Oleg Cassini shirtdress. A classic that gave many years of service: with flecks of a gold metallic thread through the checks. It could be worn dressed up or down. However, it was time to say goodbye. For those who know me, you know how difficult it is for me to part with anything. So I took one last look at it -tried to decide if I would cut off the top half and make a jacket. Or save the bottom half since there was so much material...well, the skirt looked like it would make a great round tablecloth. Thus the inspiration for a Black and White luncheon. Then the idea for the invitation had to follow that color scheme. The decor, even the food, will employ black and white. My friends wonder at the workings of my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment