Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels are easy to make (10 min.), and the combination of sweet chocolate and salty, crunchy pretzels is fantastic. You can use any pretzels you want, but I recommend large pretzel rods or twists, since they are faster to make and look great when packaged as a gift.
- 1 package (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp shortening
- 2 dozen pretzel rods or large pretzel twists
- Assorted sprinkles or small candies (optional)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
2. Combine the chocolate chips and the shortening in a large microwave-safe bowl, and microwave until the chocolate is melted, stirring after every minute.
3. If dipping pretzel rods, hold a rod by one end and dip it in the chocolate, leaving an inch or two uncovered. If you are dipping pretzel twists, drop the whole pretzel in the chocolate and submerge it slightly. Use a fork to pull the pretzel out of the chocolate. Shake the chocolate-dipped pretzels several times to remove excess chocolate, and place it on the prepared baking sheet. If you are using sprinkles or small candies, sprinkle them on when the chocolate is still wet. Repeat with remaining chocolate and pretzels.
4. Place the pretzels in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to set the chocolate.
5. If desired, melt the white chocolate and drizzle it over the pretzels for a decorative look. Briefly return the candy to the refrigerator to set the white chocolate before serving.
Recipe from candy.about.com